Herb Craft for Kids
Create a funny potato head with hair. Watch the hair grow and have fun giving your potato head a haircut.
Time: 10 minutes to prepare plus about 10 days before the cress hair is ready to cut.
- Large potato
- Cotton wool (or soil)
- Googly eyes
- Marker pen
- White PVA school glue
- Cress seed
- Spoon and knife
- Cut a slice off both ends of the potato so that it can stand up by itself.
- Scoop a hollow into the top of the potato using a spoon.
- Glue google eyes to the front of the potato and draw a face with the marker pen.
- Fill the hollow with cotton wool or soil and water well.
- Cover the surface of the soil or cotton wool with cress seed or grass seed.
- Put your potato on a windowsill and keep the seeds well watered. You should see growth within a week and once the shoots appear they will grow quickly which keeps it interesting for preschoolers.
- Have fun giving your funny potato head a haircut with some scissors.